Monday, December 19, 2011

This Little Light of Mine - well, all of ours.

I have been struggling this winter. I think the struggle is good. I think it would be scarier, more worrisome, if I just quietly settled into this pull to do nothing. To just sit. To mope. But instead, I am struggling to move, to dance, to write, to cook, to bake, to wrap, to walk, to skip and most of all, to be grateful. And by remembering to be grateful, I am remembering to be. To be present. To be active. To be as much myself as I am able right now. Today I am so very grateful to my friend Jote for reminding me and so many others the of the importance of gratitude in our lives. And I am so grateful to our entire community for placing gratitude in my path this year, even when I can't find it for myself every day. I love you, Jote, so much. Thank you for your sweet smile and your ability to inspire.

No comments:

Post a Comment