Monday, December 2, 2013

Bringing Home the Bacon

I'm very lucky to work at a job I enjoy that enables me to provide for my family everything that we need, and many things we want. I'm grateful every day that I work for Dell. I honestly didn't know how I would like working there. I'd heard some things, and I was not even a little bit interested in working in a negative, competitive environment. But I've been very, very lucky and have always worked with smart, supportive, funny people who work well together and play well together, too.
I also had concerns about being in a big ol' corporate environment, but it turns out those stuffed shirts need me, and they know it. The benefits are beyond fair, and I can tell you that when you're being treated for a serious health condition like breast cancer it is a relief to work for a company that has big corporate resources, and big corporate benefits. They took very, very good care of me while I was taking care of myself, and I am grateful for that as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment