Monday, December 27, 2010

The Big One

December 27th - it's been a few days since I posted anything at all.  The weeks leading up to Christmas were craaaazy, with a week of work travel, major health issues, and finally, Christmas. I decided to spend the time at my Mom's unplugged and totally engaged.  It was lovely. And it allowed me to focus on those for whom I am most grateful - my family.
Brit and I built this family together, from the ground up.  I'll take the next couple days to sing the praises and count the ways I am grateful for my children, but today, I want you to know how grateful I am for my husband.
I'm blessed to be married to a man of enormous talent. His gifts with language amaze me daily. He's a poet who sets his words to music and crafts beautiful songs which paint a complete picture, evocative of thought provoking story full of emotion and imagery.  Stunning. Oh, and?  He's very nearly done with a novel of equal artfulness. The man can spin a tale.
From the moment I met him I knew he was harboring a gigantic heart. God forbid word get out, but the man is full of love. My children and I are fortunate enough to be the recipients of the lion's share of his largess of spirit.
This man, this man who has been through so much and fought so hard. It's hard to consider  - not something I like to think about - but I'm pretty confident that he's still here because he wants to be with US.  And by here, I mean alive.  He's lived through terrifying illnesses and crippling depression. He's made it through both because of conscious decisions to be the person we need him to be, and I know this. We were best friends long before we were lovers and I'm so happy we're both. I couldn't imagine my life without this man.
I am so grateful to my husband for choosing me in the first place, and for making the choice to recover and grow and be here, in the moment, for this family we built.  I love you sweetheart.

2 comments: