Thursday, December 9, 2010

My grateful heart likes Serendipity

I love surprises.  I love expecting "meh" and getting "woo hoo". And today, I totally got that. And for this I am so thankful.
Today, at what I expected to be a boring meeting at work, I got this:
It's a chocolate chip cookie from Warren Brown's bakery in Washington DC.  I have a little baker's crush on Warren.  I love his story, and his energy.  You know who gave me this cookie?  Warren!* I got a little giddy.  A little, frankly, *swoon*.  So tonight, I'm grateful that I had this really delicious cookie to eat, and got to meet one of my baker crushes.
*Okay, he didn't personally hand it to me, but he was there, in the room, and he walked right past me.  I didn't know he would be there. I was sooooo excited.(He's a Dell customer, and the meeting was to honor some of the customers in our current ad campaign.)

1 comment: